Aug 30, 2009

Pretty in Pink Beadwoven Bracelet

Okay, since I have been out of black beading line & was out of black beads for a bit, I have been feeling stuck. I have a long list of projects that I'd like to do and they all involve black - gah! Since I have SO many beads, I thought I better do something in the interim to start using these up...

So, I decided to make a pink and black beaded cuff bracelet. First I wove a pale pink peyote stitch base. Then I started playing around with the black beads on top


Nope, I wasn't liking the big wide "X" pattern, perhaps I should try it a bit smaller


That looks a little better, lets carry it across


On the way back, to complete the "X" effect, I decided that I rather liked a more circular pattern


Much better. To finished it off, I used two lovely faceted Black fire-polished Czech glass beads and beaded loops & here you go


You can see the final outcome right here.

And since I got my black line & my black beads in yesterday, you'll most likely being seeing a lot of black items in the near future.

No comments: