Sep 13, 2009

Day 12 - Black Beadwoven Cuff & Opulent Art Show Wrap-Up

After a week of only 3-4 hours of sleep a night, when I got home from the Opulent Art Show last evening I crashed hard. And have barely wandered far from my bed today. Ahhh....the power of naps. I did finally take a couple pics of the bracelet I finished on Saturday, so I thought I better post them, along with a few pics from the show on Saturday.

This bracelet is one that I wanted to make for a couple of weeks. I was getting ready to start it when I was paired up with Bellalili for the Etsy Dark Team swap. She wanted an all matte black bracelet, so I completed that one first. Not wanting to make two almost identical bracelets back to back, I waited a couple of days and then did this one on Friday night & finished it up on Saturday. It is Glossy Jet Black Toho seeds beads with a stripe of Matte Black Toho seed beads down the middle. I used the peyote stitch, wove it with fireline and finished it off with a silver sliding tube clasp (my fav).


On Friday I received my piece from Bellalili and it is gorgeous. It's a black filigree butterfly which frames a lovely silver bat and has a black Swarovski drop wrapped in a silver filigree hanging from it. When I first took it out of the beautiful black box I thought it might be too delicate for me, but then I tried it on and I LOVE IT. I wore it on Saturday and received many compliments on it.


Saturday was a beautiful, sunny day and perfect for an outdoor show. I was in the farmhouse this year, so I only wandered outside to see the other vendors, get wine and sneak smokes. Sales weren't as good as last year...but that's been the story all summer. It was still a wonderful time, as I really enjoy the other artists and it's laid back, customers are very friendly, it's in a great setting, music and, of course, wine. Here's a picure of my booth and one from the porch looking down onto the outdoor tent.


I only really got pictures of the other vendors who were in the farmhouse with me. Here's Renne Emiko Brock-Richmond's booth. Besides being a Super Hero, she makes the most gorgeouse printed silk items. She prints and/or paints all her fabrics and then sews everything herself. She also always looks stunning - as a Super Hero should.

This is Pam Sanders and her booth. She makes great art out of polymer clay. My favorite piece was a braclet that looks just like a fossil. She teaches classes at Joann's Fabrics in Silverdale.

More great art by Nicole & Azriel of Out On A Whim.

And here are the other two booths that were inside with me - xsbaggage and West Coast Sea Glass.


Now I must go make some spiders for a custom order that needs to go in the mail tomorrow. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

No comments: