Feb 4, 2012

Fired up February - Day 4

Today is the birthday of my new beau, Rich.  We had big plans to head over to the city to celebrate......whoo hoo!.....but, alas, this was not to be.  A doctor's appointment on Wednesday brought the news that no alcohol would be in Rich's future (yikes!) and on Thursday my car decided that it was no longer willing to go anywhere until it gets a new engine.

Down and out, yet determined to get out of the house, we ventured out for a walk around our little town of Suquamish and wound up dropping in on some friends.  The fellas ended up making a big dinner, the girls ended up getting tequila'd up.  I know dinner was yums, after dinner smoke was enjoyed, Ice Cream cake was devoured and then it gets a bit faded.   For this reason, I'm glad that I finished today's piece before venturing out for the walk....
I chose amethyst for a couple of reasons - it is February's birthstone and, besides it's many other properties, is thought to guard against drunkenness and to instill a sober mind.  The word amethyst comes from the Greek meaning "without drunkenness."   

No comments: