Feb 6, 2012

Fired Up February - Day 6

A couple of years ago I met the incredibly talented and lovely Olga Dillow and she taught me this simple yet delicate chain stitch.  At the time I was unaware that it is called the St. Petersburg stitch, as Olga spoke mainly Russian and I did not.  She does have great communication and teaching skills and taught me quite a bit in a short amount of time.  Actually, her beadwork inspired me so much,  I lay some of the blame of my descent into beadweaving madness onto her. 


Anyway, I knew that I wanted to use these beautiful Indicolite colored seed beads I recently picked up.  Jet AB faceted fire-polished Czech glass beads seemed like the way to go for the larger middle beads.  



Here is the finished bracelet, which I have listed in my Etsy shop, Room3designs.



The technique I used for this bracelet is the double stitch St. Petersburg chain.  There is also the single stitch and other variations.  If you are interested in learning this stitch, I found some great tutorials around the web, or you may contact me.

No comments: