Feb 1, 2012

Getting all FIRED UP in February

Somehow, in the last year, I let myself wander (or let myself be pushed) off my path.  Yes, I could chalk it up to situations beyond my control, but that would be a cop out.  The tough economic conditions have affected most everyone.  Children grow up and start a life of their own.  Friends move away, start families, become busy.  I, myself, seem like I have been busier, working harder to make less, two steps forward three steps back.

The end of 2010 found me suddenly without a job or a place to live.  Thankfully, the most wonderful family I know put me up through the fall and winter.  Spring found me a home (next to a graveyard no less), but a job is still elusive.  

Consequently, last year I did more festivals and markets than I have in the past.  I also started two other ventures -  I co-opened a new etsy shop, T&M Metalworks, and I started selling corsets. The metal shop really took off towards the end of the year.  When I wasn't creating jewelry, I was busy with that.  Though I created more jewelry than ever, hardly any made it to  my etsy shop.  My online time, blogging, and focus on my real passion took a backseat.  

I'd like to take this time to apologize to the Etsy Dark Side Team, the
the Etsy BeadWeavers and Team Etsy Rain for my dismal participation this past year. 

SO....to get back on freakin' track, I've dedicated the month of February to FIRE IT UP.  Inspired by the lovely Miss Victoria, I'm challenging my self to create an item a day and posting about it everyday for the month.  Nothing like jumping in head first to get the blood flowing.   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bully For you Lady!!!!!
Getting your perverbial shit together is an awesome feeling!