Feb 1, 2012

Fired Up in February - Day 1

The color RED symbolizes action, confidence and courage.  It is thought to boost mental and physical energy.  Red is associated with passionate love, sex, great energy, impulse, adventure.
Ambition and drive with a need for personal freedom. 

Seemed perfect sense to create my first piece for my Fired Up in February challenge out of red seed beads.  Valentine's Day be damned.

I wove this netted cuff bracelet using dark ruby glass seed beads.  Normally I would add some kind of embellishments - either along the edges or through the netting, but the more I worked on it, the more I like it basic. 
When I finished the body of the bracelet, I realized I would like to incorporate metal and perhaps some chain.  This led to using tibetan silver end connectors along with a lobster clasp and chain.  Still looked a little stark - so I incorporated faceted Czech glass beads on dangles to the chain.


No comments: