Sep 2, 2009

Day Four - Noir Bracelet

If you're following my progress, you're bound to notice a lot of black pieces coming up. I was out of my preferred beading line (Smoke Fireline) for the last month, and so my list of Black pieces I want to make just kept growing longer and longer. I got some this last weekend...so I'll be on a role for a bit.

Today's bracelet is a Herringbone weave, also referred to as the N'Debele stitch. An amazing beading stitch as it has endless posibilties - from flat (such as this bracelet) to tubular and other variations. A Russian friend of mine taught it too me a couple of years ago, but whilst cruising around the interwebs, I came across Ruby's Beadwork. Besides being incredibly talented, she has some fantastic tutorials.

Anyway, here are a couple pictures of the Noir Bracelet


This bracelet is available in my etsy shop - Room3designs

I'm realizing that some of the more involved pieces I have planned won't be able to be done in one day. At the same time, it wouldn't be very challenging to me to just make a bunch of, say, earrings, so I've decided to spend a little time working on a time consuming piece and then a piece I can complete that day. For example, here's a necklace I started prior to running out of Fireline

I figure if I spend some time on this necklace and give myself time to complete a more simple piece, I can vary the complexity of the pieces I'm showing here. Oh my gosh, I'm babbling...must go sleepies now. Goodnight all.

4 comments:

Dawn N said...

I can't imagine making a piece a day. Good luck with your challenge. I'll be watching your listings.

Foxan said...

One piece a day - that is The Challenge! You're doing great so far :)
Look forward to seing more of your creations!

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

Sounds like a good plan!

Designs by Victoria said...

That necklace is AMAZING!

I'm doing the same thing - I've got another parasol in the work, and I'm doing some bead embellishment on it, so while I've got the basics done (all the trim and lace attached), I'm probably still going to be working on it for most of the weekend. So I'll sneak in a necklace or a couple of earrings in between beading.